Monday, October 28, 2013

Halloween, P/T Conferences and Project Presentations

I have sent out many emails on these subjects, so a quick summary of this busy week:

Halloween - costumes are allowed.  No masks, at least for the school day.  For the parade is fine if they can see.  Our class party is at 2:00.  Colleen Colburn is organizing this, if you want to help, please contact her (354-7318), or me via email and I will forward it to her.  We need parents to bring food and some items for an activity and a game.

Conferences are Friday Nov. 1 and Monday Nov. 4.  Please email me a preferred time and I will schedule you.  If I don't hear from you, I'll schedule you anyway.

Project Presentations - Our Wax Museum project is shaping up.  We will present at the Churchill County Museum on Tuesday, Nov. 5, from 2:00 -3:00.  Thank you to all who have volunteered to drive.  I have overwhelming response on drivers, and thank you for that!  I will be contacting you to let you know how many kids I need you to take and the details of pick up and drop off.  If you are not needed as a driver, please come and see the presentations.  Bring family, friends, co-workers, the museum wants to get people in the doors.  If you know any relatives or descendants of the person your child is studying, I would love to have you invite them as well!

One more note about the project.  The kids need a costume that is historically accurate for their person.  I know this is really a job for the parents, very few kids can come up with a costume on their own.  I appreciate your help in this.  The costume will add a lot to our presentations.  A simple prop or photo is fine, but not needed. Costumes can come in this week, but we need them by Monday at the latest for a dress rehearsal in the classroom that day.  Also, many of you had made additional trips and calls to the museum. Thank you for that.  I know that this is a labor intensive project for the parents and I appreciate what you are doing to support your child's education.  I hope you will be impressed when you see these presented.  They are coming together nicely!