Tuesday, May 13, 2014

End of the Year and Auctions

The end of the year is almost here.  This is a happy and sad time for me.  I want you to know how much I have enjoyed this class.  I love this group of kids, I love how hard they have worked and how they have worked together throughout the year.  They all have strengths and weaknesses, and I enjoy the challenge of finding each student’s strengths and helping him or her learn and contribute to the classroom community.  I always feel a little sad to pass my students on, but I am confident that they will be successful as sixth graders and beyond.  Thank you parents for your support this year.  You are raising wonderful children!

On to some end of the year details.  We have auctions in the classroom in the last week of school.  Monday, May 19 will be a big auction day.  I encourage kids to spend their Bighorn Bucks, as the money does not have value in any other place but this classroom.  I have some non-food items to auction off, but I am requesting any fun treat items.  Candy bars, individual bags of chips, donuts, Gatorade, and homemade treats are all big sellers.  If you have leftover party favors or other small toys, you can send these in too.  This works best if you do not send in 20 items.  When we have a limited supply, the demand rises, which is one of the economic principles this activity teaches.  So please send in some auction items if you are able to before Monday.

Field Day is coming up.  Rock climbing is really fun, but it requires a permission slip.  It was emailed home and is due Monday, May 19.  If anyone wants to rotate with the class on field day, please email me to coordinate.  

Have a great week.