Monday, October 10, 2016

October 10, 2016

Just a reminder that our Fall break starts Monday! I hope everyone gets the rest they need!

This week will be our last week of Community Service with Mr. Lenon, we are so appreciative of our time with him.  We will have Coding next quarter with Mrs. Hammon. We have heard Coding is really interesting and fun so we are excited to get into it.

Writing:  We have been working on figurative language (metaphors, similes, idioms and adages), we are also working on the etymology of words this week. We will get back into a larger piece of writing after break.  Your students are already improving a great deal in their writing skills. I am very happy with their efforts and work ethic!

Projects: Today we began to learn about the road to the Revolutionary War.  We learned so much today and your children are like little sponges-soaking up all the new information they can.  We will roll right into the events that led to the war as well as important people.  Our project will take us into our students presenting a "Wax Museum" made of those important people. You will be invited to attend! You will receive the date soon!

Reading:  We have finished up CRASH and are now working on our final projects in partners. We will have these done by Thursday and will move into another novel after break.  The discussion surrounding this novel has been excellent and I am sad it is almost over!

I so enjoy my days with your children, they are hard working, smart and we really do have fun together. Thank you for trusting me with them, I love my little people!