Sunday, March 12, 2017

What's up?

Writng: We have been working on an assisted state writing, practice assessment. I am really happy with the outcome. The kind of prompt we practiced with was something entirely new for us, and your children were able to generalize and use the information and tools from throughout the year to write this last paper. This narrative paper will be graded for 4th quarter and will not be represented in 3rd quarter grades. You will however, get to see it during parent conferences! We will continue with a non assisted writing , and continue practicing these types of prompts. I am feeling really good about their writing and I assisted excited for you to see their progress.

Science: Our engineering, egg drop project was super fun and even more successful than I had thought it would be! We are moving on to geology this week!

Reading: We are also finishing up City if Orphans this week and I can tell you that I am a little sad about it. They are so vested in the characters and the story line, and I am enjoying our conversations so much! I hate to see it end. :(

We will resume PE this week. I am confident that our classroom community is strong, and our behavior will remain positive.

As always, I am loving spending my days with your little people. I am still not wanting them to go off to middle school, but they will be ready!!