Sunday, September 13, 2015

September 13, 2015

I hope you all enjoyed your busy weekends with your families.

Projects: Last week was a very good week.  I spent a little time reflecting on a few things that I realized last week. The first is that my 5th graders don't have as much "research" stamina as I had expected. I will be adjusting our time so they can work up to longer stamina at a little slower pace. We should be finishing up this project in the next two weeks and I am really confident that their research is strong and their paragraphs will be well put together.

Writing: We are working on some of our language standards to set the base for building strength in our writing traits.  We are improving daily and I am excited to see them take their writing more serious across the curriculum. They are beginning to understand how their writing instruction applies to their writing throughout the day and not just during writing block.

Reading: We are finishing up our books this week. We are also rewriting our summaries this week as well. It is important to make sure that our writing is strong and reflects our knowledge of what we read and reflects our understanding.

We are well on our way to putting Darth Tater together! I am really pleased with our transitions and our abilities to use our time well and be productive!