Monday, September 7, 2015

Working hard!

This week we will be very busy in our short three days.

Reading: we will finish up our first book clubs and rewrite our summaries making sure we have complete sentences, evidence based terms, and strong word choice. We should be done by Thursday and ready to move to new literature on Monday.

Writing: We will continue to work hard to connect to ideas and prompts quickly. We will work in ixl language for the first time (don't worry, not for homework, just for reinforcement during classtime), and we will also be writing a new ending to a story your students will listen to. We will review similes and metaphors, and take our first assessment.

Projects: I am really pleased with the research the students have compiled this first project! This week we will be finishing up taking notes and begin to write our individual paragraphs.  We have two groups who have chosen to create a model, those students will come home this week (end of the week) with a short list of supplies they need. I have collected a lot of "stuff" so hopefully they will use what I have!

I hope you enjoyed the extra day with your children. Darth Tater is slowly gaining parts and I am excited to see him continue to come together! I hope you enjoy the pics of our class. I love to post our daily happenings!