Tuesday, March 8, 2016

3/8/16

Reading:  We are almost done with reading The Tiger Rising! We had the BEST conversation yesterday about how there are so many parallels between this book and the book we read last, Wringer. I was so completely impressed with their discussion that it totally made my day!

Writing: We have spent the last two weeks comparing two stories from different points of view and creating a venn diagram to support our thoughts--we are also working on comparing two stories from within the same genre, using the venn diagram to show our evidence as well. They are a thoughtful group to work with. During writing we are also preparing for our student led conferences. This is serious business. They have organized their files within their Google Drive, they have reflected on their growth, their need for more growth and their achievements they are most proud of. I think they will impress you!

Projects:  We ROCKED our energy presentations! It is the most wonderful thing to have other teachers in the building complement us on the way we presented to their students, the information we presented and the way we were so knowledgeable about questions that were asked.  I was thrilled with ALL OF THEM!

Please don't forget to send in your child's bean bag money! If you don't know what I mean, please read the email I sent last Thursday. We want everyone to be able to participate in enjoying the special things we have in our room! 

Thank you for sharing your children with me, I do enjoy them immensely. As we are on the down hill side of 5th grade, I know I will hate to see them go.....