Friday, March 25, 2016

Happy Spring!

I hope your families enjoy the week off and get some much needed down time amd rest!

Your children worked very hard this week.

We took 3 practice SBAC tests in math, reading and writing - while still holding steady to our science standards! We braved the cold wind every hour to get our measurements and then graphed our data Wednesday afternoon -- while teaching Mes. WindRiver ' s class what we were doing, all 20 of them!

Can I just tell you how amazing your kids are?! Everything I just listed was challenging and I needed them to be the most responsible, and they really stepped up for me, I appreciated them so much!

The two weeks after our break will be filled with reviewing the skills we have used all year.

In reading, we will begin reading the book, Crash by Jerry Spinelli which I think they will love! We will be talking about narrative elements throughout this book.

In writing for 4th and 5th grades, we will be practicing using 2 or 3 pieces of text to draw from. We have done this with 2 pieces throughout the year and they have improved a great deal. These are the same skills we use for researching during projects so they are fairly proficient already. Practice makes prepared!

In projects, we are moving back to social studies. We have some civics standards to begin covering which will include government, laws, responsibilities and democracy. It will be interesting and we have some fun activities planned and guest speakers lined up soon!

💙 I adore your children. They have given me an incredible year and I will continue to do my best to prepare them for middle school-- can you believe it?! Middle school!! 😲